|Season 3, Episode 3|
|Airdate||April 16, 2005|
|Written by||George Doty IV|
|Directed by||Steve Hoefer|
Peruvian Puff Pepper
We're Married? is the third episode of the third season of Drake & Josh. It aired on April 16, 2005.
Josh's foreign e-pal, Yooka from Yudonia (Anastasia Baranova), visits his house. Drake and Josh soon learn that she is homesick through translation (though she actually said 'sick of home', and Josh mistranslated it), and Josh gets a man to perform a friendship ceremony to make Yooka more at home. But it turns out to be a wedding ceremony and Drake and her are married, much to his dismay. Drake plots with Josh to end his marriage when Yooka's parents fly over to meet their new 'son-in-law' and Drake's parents find out. However, he quickly regrets this after discovering Yooka's father is a billionaire. Josh serves up goat meat to Yooka's family, as goats are sacred in Yooka's homeland, and it all backfires after Yooka discovers this was part of Drake's plan. Ultimately, Yooka's father ends their marriage and Yooka and her family return home to Yudonia.
Drake: Man, I'm trying to think of a word that rhymes with "orange".
Josh: (looking at computer screen) Yooka!
Drake: Okay, you have some serious rhyming issues!
Drake: Josh, I think Yooka wants to experience more American things, like sushi and Mexican food.
Drake: (comes in)
Blemin: Joonja! (splashes water in Drake's face)
Drake: Thank you?
Yooka: You, you get your eyes off my husband! You skunk bag!
Josh: Skunk bag?
Josh: I spent an hour talking on the Yudonian embassy and I even gave a call-in to Oprah.
Drake: What can Oprah do?
Josh: Oprah can do anything!
Josh: But don't worry, I'm working on a plan.
Drake: OPRAH IS NEVER CALLING YOU BACK!
- The supposedly made-up word that Yooka's mother says ("Boosha!") caused a little controversy because it actually means "bulls*it" in another language. The writers claimed they had no idea what the word meant because they just made it up.
- Yooka and her parents are apparently from a made-up country, but their accents sound Russian.
- Neither of Yooka's parents look like her.
- Irony: Neither of the things Drake mentions are "American". Sushi is from Japan and Mexican food is, of course, from Mexico. Although the dishes normally served in Mexican and sushi restaturants tend to be different from their actual counterparts in their countries of orgin. So in a way, Drake would have been showing Yooka something "American" by taking her to a sushi or Mexican restaurant.
- Yooka didn't like how Drake was unemployed because they wouldn't make money but she knows perfectly well that her father's a billionaire.