|Season 3, Episode 5|
|Airdate||May 21, 2005|
|Written by||Anthony Del Broccolo|
|Directed by||Adam Weissman|
Playing the Field
The Affair is the fifth episode of the third season of Drake & Josh. It aired on May 21, 2005.
Drake and Josh tell the viewers about a time Josh climbed up a tall tree, but fell down and ended up dangling from a branch by his underwear. Then, Walter saw him and tried to climb up a ladder and save him, but the ladder fell down.
While Drake, Josh, Megan, and Audrey watch TV, Walter comes home late. Josh reminds Walter that Wednesday is Career Day, but Walter tells Josh that he can't go because he has an important "cloud conference" on Wednesday. Walter gets a call from a woman and takes it in the kitchen. Drake goes to get a snack and overhears Walter on the phone. Drake believes that Walter was seeing another woman. Drake brings Josh upstairs and tells him what he heard. Josh says that they shouldn't do anything yet, but keep their eyes open and not say anything to Audrey. At midnight, Josh sees Walter sneak into the house, wearing a suit. Josh asks Walter where he was. Walter claims that he was out buying milk. Josh asks Walter where it was and Walter says he drank it on the way home. Josh asks why he was wearing a suit, and Walter tells Josh to just not tell Audrey about it. Josh runs upstairs and tells Drake what happened. Drake decides to skip school the next day and follow Walter. Josh doesn't want to, because he has had perfect attendance since nursery school. Drake tells him that he should send in a doctor's note, and it wouldn't count as an absence. When Josh asks where he would get a doctor's note, Drake asks if he wanted a doctor's note for smallpox or hemerroids. The next day, they find Walter at a park. They then see him talk with and hug a woman. They conclude that Walter was cheating on Audrey.
- This episode presents a classic sitcom plot.
- It is revealed in this episode that Walter is allergic to cumin.
- "Good Morning Today" is a parody of Good Morning America and The Today Show.
- Drake and Josh might have thought Peggy was bisexual when she claimed that she was "considering one woman."
- This is one of the few times that they aren't grounded for their antics, but are instead punished a different way.
- Josh reminds Drake that he has had perfect attendance since nursery school. However, in Pool Shark, Josh misses school to avoid Drake. However, Josh might've meant that he went to school, but stayed away from Drake.
- It is surprising that the waiters didn't throw Drake and Josh out for what they did with all that food.