|Season 3, Episode 1|
|Airdate||September 24, 2006|
|Written by||Dan Schneider|
|Directed by||Adam Weissman|
Surprise is the first episode of the third season of Zoey 101. It aired on September 24, 2006.
It is a new year at PCA which leads to several surprises, including the heartbreaking news that Nicole will not be returning to PCA for a while because she was diagnosed with OMGD (Obsessive Male Gender Disorder), thus, Nicole was sent to an all-girls school. After everyone settles into their new rooms, Chase tells Zoey he wants to talk with her privately. Lola and Quinn say that Chase wants to tell her he is in love with her, but Zoey does not believe them. To prove it, she goes to Chase's room to speak to him, but walks in on him kissing his new girlfriend Rebecca.
- It is learned that Chase, Michael and Logan's dorm this season is in Maxwell Hall.
- Chase's first kiss on the show is in this episode.
- When Quinn is trying to capture the bees, the closet behind her is open. When Zoey is running towards the closet, it is closed and she has to open it to get in.
- It's impossible to catch bees with a net, because the bees could just fly through the net if it did go in and it could also fly out of the net.
- Logan says that he always got the single bed, but in "The Play", he slept on the top bunk. Although, they could have temporarily switched, this is unlikely as it was not mentioned.