|Season 3, Episode 7|
|Airdate||June 11, 2005|
|Written by||George Doty IV|
|Directed by||Adam Weissman|
Playing the Field
Paging Dr. Drake
Helen's Surgery is the seventh episode of the third season of Drake & Josh. It aired on June 11, 2005.
Talking about being responsible, Josh is commenting about the day he and Drake went to a desert with their dune buggy, and it ran out of fuel. Drake interrupts him, as he forgot to plan a history to tell. He, then calls Josh who tells him the history he is talking about, and Drake begins talking about it too. Josh gets furious and tackles Drake.
Josh has the gold vest as Helen made him temporary assistant manager as she gets laser eye surgery, Josh tells Drake that if he does a good job when Helen gets back in a full recovery, she'll promote him the position permanently. Helen arrives back, still blind. Josh is forced to take care of her on her orders until she is recovered. When Josh asks Drake to drive him with Helen to Helen's apartment, Drake decides to kiss the girl he met, Josh takes him. They discover how amazing Helen's apartment is: a hot tub, a dance game with a disco ball attached. Josh goes to the pharmacy to replace Helen's eye drops after accidentally dumping them into the sink at Helen's apartment. When returning with Drake, who also left when he should be watching Helen. The latter has disappeared, Josh feels guilty. Later, Megan calls Josh at the Premiere that Helen was at their house, Josh returns Helen to her apartment, Drake has thrown a party at her place with many friends in her hot tub, unknown to Helen. They had interrupted Drake in the middle of the party. Unfortunately, Helen's eyes have recovered and Helen takes off her bandages to find the party in her hot tub, which, she joins in.
- Absent: Nancy Sullivan as Audrey Parker and Jonathan Goldstein as Walter Nichols.
- This episode is on the Drake & Josh Go Hollywood DVD along with Mindy's Back.
- Mentioned in show that Helen was on the show "Happy Times".(parody of Good Times and Happy Days)
- At the funeral, all the movie theater employees are wearing their usual vests, but colored black.
- Helen's apartment is seen for the first (and only) time.
- The credits feature an extended version of Drake, Josh, and Helen dancing.
- When Josh arrives at the theater after being in Helen's hot tub he is bone dry instead of soaking wet.