|Season 1, Episode 10|
|Airdate||April 3, 2005|
|Written by||Dan Schneider|
|Directed by||Savage Steve Holland|
Backpack is the tenth episode of the first season of Zoey 101. It aired on April 3, 2005.
After having to pay for a $50 backpack she squirted with liquid candy at the bookstore, Nicole is stuck with a horrible, candy covered backpack. Zoey and Nicole have no money for having to pay for the backpack. So the only thing Nicole can do is burst balloons with popcorn. But the backpack is saved when Zoey decides to spruce it up with a new design she created. To her indignation, Zoey's backpack idea is stolen from a girl named Stacy who is making a lot of money from it, and Zoey decides to improve on her own idea and sell her own backpacks.
Meanwhile, Quinn tries to make a "Banapple" because bananas and apples are her 2 favorite fruits. When birds start threatening the banapple tree, she creates a laser scarecrow. However, when the banapples are ripe, she discovers that they taste terrible and make a corrosive acid, demonstrating by melting Stacy's bike. Stacy ultimately has to use the painful bike as the episode ends.
- Paul Butcher Jr. (Dustin Brooks) and Matthew Underwood (Logan Reese) do not appear in this episode.
- While Chase is looking at the radio in the girls' lounge, Michael takes a CD off of a shelf and walks away with it without asking if he can use it.
- The actress who plays Stacy (Allison Scagliotti) plays Mindy on Drake & Josh.
- This is the second episode where one of Quinn's inventions does something unfortunate to somebody at the end of it. The first episode was "Prank Week."
- When Zoey is reading the school newspaper, she starts reading the back upside down.
- Zoey is always complaining about not having that much money, yet she's able to buy dozens of backpacks, and she's able to put massagers and radios in them.